Share this page
Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant/Basement Coating
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant is water based, containing no Solvents or VOC's. This means it's safe to use indoors and outdoors with no special breathing apparatus like solvenated products need. You're safe, your children are safe and your pets are safe. We believe you should have a choice in purchasing high quality products that are safe for you and the environment
- USED FOR - Foundations, ICF's, Basements, Shower Liners, Deck and Fence Posts, Planter Boxes, Metal, Wood, Concrete and more....
- EASY TO APPLY - Basically just like painting except you use heavy coats to build up your waterproof membrane. Open the container and start using. You can close the container and use later if you have left over material. No pot life or working time like 2 component products. Apply by Brush, Roller or High Quality Piston Paint Sprayer
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE - Final membrane has over 900% Elongation.
- FOR A BULLETPROOF SYSTEM - Bridge joints, seams, vents, gaps, protrusions…. With LIQUID RUBBER SEAM TAPE or LIQUID RUBBER GEO-TEXTILE where possible movement may occur.
- EXTERIOR FOUNDATION GUIDELINE - Click Link
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 15sq ft (1.4 sq/m). It should require around 4-5 heavy coats to achieve a 60-80 mil. (1.5-2mm) (DFT) membrane.
Exterior Foundation Wall
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 20 sq ft (1.9 sq/m). It should require around 3-4 heavy coats to achieve a 40-60 mil. (1-1.5mm) (DFT) membrane.
Interior Foundation Wall
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 50 sq ft (4.6 sq/m). It should require around 2-3 heavy coats to achieve a 20-30 mil. (0.5-0.76mm) (DFT) membrane.
- Avoid hot, direct, intense sun when applying. Mornings and Evenings are best if it's blistering hot
- Product stays soft, flexible and may have some tackiness, not meant as a constant walking surface
- Apply next heavy coat when it's dry to touch, make sure there is no uncured material underneath. Tacky is ok
- Generally you can apply 1-2 heavy coats per day
- Apply all material until you use up the required amount
- Do not combine Black products with Coloured products, use one or the other
- For larger areas, pour out and spread around with a broom, roller or squeegee
- Apply above 5C/40F
- Curing time depends on temperature, humidity and airflow
- Apply next coat(s) as soon as possible not allowing extended time between if possible
- Safe for Fish and Plants
- Do not apply later in the day if Dew is forecast
Very good product, easy spread, did what nit says
Arrived quickly! The product works very well, brushed on smoothly with minimal effort. Several days after one application the heavens opened up and the usual seepage did not occur. Three subsequent major downpours and the cold cellar remains dry. Two points to be aware of; it does have a strong smell, that eventually permeated the whole house. With windows open the smell was gone within 24 hours, secondly; don’t bother trying to clean the brush with water because one of the compounds in the product needs a paint thinner to clean it for any future use. Overall, very happy with the product!
I purchased the basement waterproofing product. It was very easy to apply, even on my 100 year old concrete foundation. It help to seal it and to prevent water penetration. Very happy with this product.
Loved how it went on was extremely pleased with the pruduct
Arrived frozen and congealed.
View color swatch at your local Benjamin Moore Store.
Due to Computer Monitors, Colours may not be exactly as shown.