Share this page
Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating
Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating is a brush, roll and spray high-performance; polyurethane, elastomeric coating that provides a hard, durable; waterproof surface. The cured membrane has excellent UV stability.
The Next Generation of Innovative Protective Coatings
- Waterproof membrane
- Ultra-Low VOC's
- UV resistant
- Smooth & Textured options
- Seamless membrane
- Easy to apply
- No tackiness
- Color options available
Polyurethane Deck Coating
Apply a minimum final thickness of 1 gallon per 35 sq ft (3.3 sq/m). It should require around 2-3 heavy coats to achieve a 20-30 mil (0.5-0.76mm) (DFT) membrane.
- Apply using a roller, brush or paint sprayer to provide a seamless and fully adhered membrane to most substrates.
- Ensure a clean, dry surface free of dirt, dust and loose flaky paint. Can be applied over paint or stain
- Use Liquid Rubber Deck and Patio Cleaner to prep wood and Liquid Rubber Concrete Etch to prep concrete
- For extra adhesion, performance and longevity, use 1 heavy coat of Multi-Purpose Primer. Use primer on concrete, wood
- Brush products between deck boards
- Apply above 10C/50F
- Apply next heavy coat when it's dry to touch, make sure there is no uncured material underneath.
- Avoid hot, direct, intense sun when applying. Mornings and Evenings are best if it's blistering hot
- Avoid contact with solvents and solvent type adhesives
- Do not combine Black products with Coloured products
- Curing time depends on temperature, humidity and airflow
- Apply next coat(s) as soon as possible not allowing extended time between if possible
- Generally you can apply 1-2 coats per day
- Wait 3 days for light foot traffic
- Wait 5-7 days before placing furniture back on surface
- Do not apply later in the day if Dew is forecast
- Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Wood Deck Coating Application GuidelineDownload the guide
- Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating Smooth DeckRead the Data Sheet
- Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating Textured DeckRead the Data Sheet
- Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating Smooth DeckRead the SDS
- Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating Textured DeckRead the SDS
Excellent product. Will definitely use for other projects.
I ordered an 8 oz sample can of the Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating (smooth Sienna) and as soon as it came in just three days later, applied it to a small portion of my deck as directed. It dried quickly and left a smooth professional looking finish over a cracked and weathered wooden deck section. I was so impressed by this product I immediately ordered 2 five gallon pails. I cant wait to see the completed deck coated in this product. I would not hesitate to recommend this product. It does a super job.
Have tried numerous deck coatings and all failed very quickly. This one is easy to apply , flexible and it waterproofs the deck
Built first floor for 16' aluminum tiller model Lund (20 hp) using PT OSB supported by 2"x2" PT spruce, and using a nylon paint brush, coated all sides with 1 coat of polyurethane deck coating over 1 coat of liquid rubber primer. Looks good and dried to a relatively hard smooth surface (no brush marks). Time will tell how well it protects the wood and stands up to the environment, but so far, it seems like it will do the job.
Smooth Brilliant White
Smooth Misty Grey
Smooth Stone Grey
Smooth Cobalt Grey
Smooth Neutral Beige
Smooth Saddle Brown
Smooth Char Brown
Textured Brilliant White
Textured Misty Grey
Textured Stone Grey
Textured Cobalt Grey
Textured Neutral Beige
Textured Saddle Brown
Textured Char Brown
View color swatch at your local Benjamin Moore Store.
Due to Computer Monitors, Colours may not be exactly as shown.