Materials are user friendly and effective
I used it to cover existing vent seals and end seal of roof. Between aluminum and rubber roof.
One roll did my 27 ft trailer
It survived last winter. Purchased another to fix a tear and cover some more RV roof seems. The paint survived too. Great stuff so far. 3 thumbs up. Will purchase again when needed. Especially the paint.
L'adhésif colle super bien. La bande de tissu empêche le produit d'être trop rigide et permet une pose plus aisée. Le seul hic, c'est qu'on doit le recouvrir d'enduit. On ne peut pas l'utiliser seul. Sinon c'est un excellent produit. Et combiné à l'enduit, c'est assurément la barrière la plus performante.
I had 5 leaking corners grouped all together in a total segment of about 20 feet. Old thick grainy caulking was very tough to remove. Very hard and sticky. Best strategy to remove it was using a multi-tool (vibrating) with a small cutting blade. This was working greath but left a layer of residue. I used a glue remover called "The glue buster". It worked great and quickly. Then I used a wireless drill with a metal wire brush and wd-40 to disolve the leftover adhésive and reach bare métal (alluminum). I then applied a rich soapy solution and did the brush thing with drill using a new brush. I rinced everything to neutralize the glue cleener and the soapy residual. Then I applided an industrial grade cleaner to clean the whole gutter. A few days later, when weather forcast was good, I applied the seam tape. I used Windex on a towel to get rid of any greasy material on the locations to repair. Then, I used the seam tape. It was easier to apply than expected. I did not take any chance and I probably put more than required. With my pack of 2 x 15 feet = 30 feet, I only managed to do 3 corners instead of 5. I will have to order an extra pack. I put a single layer of the liquide rubber right now on 3 corners. I guess that quart that I am using Will be enough to complete the 5 corners with 2, maybe 3 layers. Put plastic gloves to apply then liquid rubber since it is not easy to remove it from fingers.
Repairing à corner is tricky and required more work than a straight section. Honestly, for all the work I had to do to prepare the 5 sections, maybe I should have paid someone to replace the problematic section but that would have cost a lot more and my time is free. I wish I would have find the multitool and glue buster and the drill wire brush before. The end result has a professional look and feel. Time will tell if it is a durable fix but I did everything by the book to get the best results. I will keep you poster.